Go Back   CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTER.com- The California Fire Service Network > SECONDARY SECTION > IN MEMORY OF CALIFORNIA'S FALLEN

Notices

Old 12-03-2017, 04:06
Super Moderator

Default J.B. Hume, Huntington Beach Search and Rescue/Police/Fire

James B. “JB” Hume January 28, 1957 - November 23, 2017

JB Hume died in faith, with the assurance of salvation in Jesus Christ, on November 23, 2017 in Mission Viejo, California after a 7-month battle with Colon Cancer.

A 4th generation native of Long Beach, CA, JB was the son of Thomas and Nancy Hume, who preceded him in death. He is survived by his devoted wife of 21 years, Robin; daughters, Jenette Colvin & her husband Marquis and their 3 children, and Carrie Guetschow & her husband Jeremy and their daughter; as well as 8 siblings, and a very large extended family of nieces, nephews and cousins. JB was also a mentor and dear friend to many.

JB Hume graduated from Wilson High School in 1975 and received a BA in Justice Administration from August Vollmer University. He also held numerous professional certificates and credentials including post-graduate certificates from USC, the Police Officer Standards & Training - Supervisory Leadership Institute, and the FBI National Academy.

After 32 years of dedicated service and leadership with the Huntington Beach Police Department, he retired in 2007 at the rank of Lieutenant. During his career, he received many professional honors and awards including Police Officer of the Year, 2 Awards of Merit and numerous official commendations.

Scouting was an important part of JB’s life. He was a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America for over 42 years, serving as an advisor to the Long Beach Search and Rescue Explorer Post and the Huntington Beach Search and Rescue Post, where he was one of its founders. His many scouting awards include the Silver Beaver Award, the William H. Spurgeon Award and two Awards of Merit. In 2002 he was recognized as the Orange County Explorer Advisor of the Year and in 2017 he was inducted into the Huntington Beach Independent Community and Clubs Hall of Fame for his work with the city’s Search & Rescue Post. One of his greatest joys was seeing the young men and women he mentored grow into adulthood and start families, many becoming police officers, fire fighters and other first responders. Of all of the Scouting awards he received, he was most proud of becoming an Eagle Scout in his youth.

In lieu of flowers, please consider a tax-deductible donation “In Memory of JB Hume” to one of his favorite charities:
OUR DISCLAIMER- The views and opinions posted on this website are solely those of the original authors, news source or registered members. These views and opinions do not represent those of Californiafirefighter.com (CAFF.com), Admin, their advertisers or any associated companies or vendors.
OUR EMAIL- californiafirefighter@hotmail.com
Old 12-03-2017, 11:45

Default Re: J.B. Hume, Huntington Beach Search and Rescue/Police/Fire

RIP JB
Old 12-03-2017, 21:43

RIP JB....good mentor
Old 12-03-2017, 22:27

My comments are my personal opinion, based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice as I am not an attorney and if you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!