Go Back   CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTER.com- The California Fire Service Network > PRIMARY SECTION > 48/96 WORK SCHEDULE

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 17:37

Default San Jose Fire Dept. Schedule?

Can anyone tell me what schedule San Jose is on? I have read their report and know that they tested the 48/96, but are they back on a kelly now? If so, can anyone tell me why they switched? Thanks
Old 07-02-2011, 22:23

Default Re: San Jose Fire Dept. Schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapinjoe View Post
Can anyone tell me what schedule San Jose is on? I have read their report and know that they tested the 48/96, but are they back on a kelly now? If so, can anyone tell me why they switched? Thanks
If I remember right, they did the study but never actually went to the 48/96 schedule. They were never able to get their administration to agree to a trial period. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 07-02-2011, 23:45
Bou

Being the 48/96 fanatic that I am, I do not ever remember SJ going to the schedule.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwprintworks View Post
If I remember right, they did the study but never actually went to the 48/96 schedule. They were never able to get their administration to agree to a trial period. Can anyone else confirm this?
That sounds pretty much exactly how it was explained to me by a firefighter who works for San Jose.
Old 08-06-2011, 16:42

I work for San Jose. A few years ago the membership voted to go to the 48/96 schedule. Our then current Chief hated the schedule (because we wanted it) and convinced the mayor and city council that it was a "poison pill". So we were never allowed to even enter into a trial period. it is being addressed again here in the future so hopefully one day.... We are still on the modified kelly schedule.
Old 08-06-2011, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmateo View Post
I work for San Jose. A few years ago the membership voted to go to the 48/96 schedule. Our then current Chief hated the schedule (because we wanted it) and convinced the mayor and city council that it was a "poison pill". So we were never allowed to even enter into a trial period. it is being addressed again here in the future so hopefully one day.... We are still on the modified kelly schedule.
I wish you good luck as you go through the process again. We too went through a few "poison pills". It took us over 5 years because of both admin and membership issues just to get to the trial. This June 2011 we just finished our 18 month trial. We ended with 100% membership approval (and also administrative approval) to keep the schedule.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:55

Hi!
Thanks bwprintworks!
You are really very excellent and the unique re presenter.
Your entire efforts of the description are according to the demand of the entire members.Please keep it up.