Go Back   CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTER.com- The California Fire Service Network > PRIMARY SECTION > 48/96 WORK SCHEDULE

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-29-2011, 17:37
slapinjoe slapinjoe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 58
Default San Jose Fire Dept. Schedule?

Can anyone tell me what schedule San Jose is on? I have read their report and know that they tested the 48/96, but are they back on a kelly now? If so, can anyone tell me why they switched? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-02-2011, 22:23
bwprintworks's Avatar
bwprintworks bwprintworks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 28
Default Re: San Jose Fire Dept. Schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapinjoe View Post
Can anyone tell me what schedule San Jose is on? I have read their report and know that they tested the 48/96, but are they back on a kelly now? If so, can anyone tell me why they switched? Thanks
If I remember right, they did the study but never actually went to the 48/96 schedule. They were never able to get their administration to agree to a trial period. Can anyone else confirm this?
__________________
Joe Barna
www.bwprintworks.com
Fire and EMS Shift Calendar and Day Planner Products
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2011, 23:45
Bou
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: San Jose Fire Dept. Schedule?

Being the 48/96 fanatic that I am, I do not ever remember SJ going to the schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:07
ffjdh ffjdh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 48
Default Re: San Jose Fire Dept. Schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwprintworks View Post
If I remember right, they did the study but never actually went to the 48/96 schedule. They were never able to get their administration to agree to a trial period. Can anyone else confirm this?
That sounds pretty much exactly how it was explained to me by a firefighter who works for San Jose.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-06-2011, 16:42
medicmateo medicmateo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Default Re: San Jose Fire Dept. Schedule?

I work for San Jose. A few years ago the membership voted to go to the 48/96 schedule. Our then current Chief hated the schedule (because we wanted it) and convinced the mayor and city council that it was a "poison pill". So we were never allowed to even enter into a trial period. it is being addressed again here in the future so hopefully one day.... We are still on the modified kelly schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-06-2011, 22:33
bwprintworks's Avatar
bwprintworks bwprintworks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 28
Default Re: San Jose Fire Dept. Schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmateo View Post
I work for San Jose. A few years ago the membership voted to go to the 48/96 schedule. Our then current Chief hated the schedule (because we wanted it) and convinced the mayor and city council that it was a "poison pill". So we were never allowed to even enter into a trial period. it is being addressed again here in the future so hopefully one day.... We are still on the modified kelly schedule.
I wish you good luck as you go through the process again. We too went through a few "poison pills". It took us over 5 years because of both admin and membership issues just to get to the trial. This June 2011 we just finished our 18 month trial. We ended with 100% membership approval (and also administrative approval) to keep the schedule.
__________________
Joe Barna
www.bwprintworks.com
Fire and EMS Shift Calendar and Day Planner Products
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:55
Aldrich012 Aldrich012 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Default Re: San Jose Fire Dept. Schedule?

Hi!
Thanks bwprintworks!
You are really very excellent and the unique re presenter.
Your entire efforts of the description are according to the demand of the entire members.Please keep it up.
__________________
Aldrich012
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:53.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.