Go Back   CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTER.com- The California Fire Service Network > PRIMARY SECTION > IN MEMORY OF CALIFORNIA'S FALLEN

Notices

Old 11-24-2018, 18:14
Super Moderator

Default Dale Cauble, Los Angeles County Fire Department, ret. (2nd paramedic ever in LA County)

Dale Cauble (L) Rocky Doke (R)

Quote:
It is with great sadness that I share that we lost Los Angeles County Fire Captain (ret.) Dale Cauble. I had the pleasure to work many shifts with Captain Cauble. Captain Cauble was the second Paramedic in Los Angeles County.
Below is a note from our friend Gary Davis (Paramedic number 3).

Joe Woyjeck
Quote:
“On Thursday 22 (2018) we lost one of the good guys Dale Cauble to cancer. I went through the Tower with Dale in 1966. He came to us as a representative of Palos Verdes Fire Department to learn our way of training. I believe he was a BC for Palos Verdes at the time and when he found out that LA County Firemen were making more money a month then he was he took the county test and was in the very next class. When I bid into Station 36 on the A shift in 1968 Dale was already there on the B shift. In September 1969 2 volunteers from each shift were asked if they wanted to participate in a new rescue program at Harbor General Hospital were we would be doing intracardiac sticks with needles. Me and Ramstead volunteered on the A shift, Cauble and Belliveau on the B shift, and Phillips and Nolls on the C shift. Dale was one of the most intelligent ones, he was able to help the rest of us learn things that were foreign to our ears. I never worked on the same shift with Dale, but we worked together many times and became good friends. It was and honor and privilege to know Dale & Lynn Cauble and I will miss him.

Gary B. Davis Ole #3
LACoFD 66 to 97”
- OUR DISCLAIMER- The views and opinions posted on this website are solely those of the original authors, news source or registered members. These views and opinions do not represent those of Californiafirefighter.com (CAFF.com), Admin, their advertisers or any associated companies or vendors.
- OUR EMAIL- californiafirefighter@hotmail.com
Old 11-24-2018, 18:27

Default Re: Dale Cauble, Los Angeles County Fire Department, ret. (2nd paramedic ever in LA County)

RIP Sir, you set the stage for all of the medics who came after!
Old 11-24-2018, 20:52

Default Re: Dale Cauble, Los Angeles County Fire Department, ret. (2nd paramedic ever in LA County)

Recognize the location in the picture?

The FD station wagon responded to heart calls only and was based at the hospital. In the back of the rig was a difibulator that took up nearly all the room.

Truly pioneers in EMS! SALUTE!