Go Back   CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTER.com- The California Fire Service Network > PRIMARY SECTION > CAREER PREP- Entry Level hiring and testing

Notices

Old 12-19-2018, 00:23

Arrow The Mother of all Tests- LA County FIREFIGHTER TRAINEE/PARAMEDIC 2019

Flashback to the LAFD and OCFD medic crisis. Most small cities and departments in CA and surrounding states are going to lose their FF/Medics to LA County. 2019 will be a roller coaster year as I know they need medics bad right now. I can see Cal Fire RRU losing a lot of medics along with some of the IE (Victorville taking another hit), Sac Metro, San Diego County region and Las Vegas all getting sucked up too. I know guys from the Salt Lake, Utah metro areas that have left for LA Co.

https://www.governmentjobs.com/caree...ortunitiesJobs

Quote:
SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
Graduation from high school, its equivalent* or higher from an accredited college or university**, a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certificate***, a current valid, non-probationary California Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P) License**** issued by the State of California Emergency Medical Services Authority that must remain effective for six months beyond the date of appointment, and twelve (12) months of full-time experience as a primary care paramedic running 9-1-1 responses.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:17

Default Re: The Mother of all Tests- LA County FIREFIGHTER TRAINEE/PARAMEDIC 2019

Sac metro? I curious how why you say that? Haven’t really heard of people bailing
Old 12-19-2018, 08:14

Default Re: The Mother of all Tests- LA County FIREFIGHTER TRAINEE/PARAMEDIC 2019

CPATs gonna start selling out, better book yours
Old 12-19-2018, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammjamm View Post
Sac metro? I curious how why you say that? Havenít really heard of people bailing

Metro is taking apps for FF/PM right now, so Iím guessing they might lose applicants to LAC over time.
Old 12-19-2018, 14:12

Great dept, I would love to work there
Old 12-19-2018, 14:24

1200 applicant limit
Old 12-19-2018, 16:16

Does anyone out there know how deficient they are in the paramedic ranks? How many people they may be searching for?
Old 12-19-2018, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeitsgone View Post
Does anyone out there know how deficient they are in the paramedic ranks? How many people they may be searching for?
Iím reading on Facebook that they are really down on medics to the point that itís disrupting the daily operations.
Old 12-20-2018, 00:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelombi View Post
And I read on Facebook the earth is flat.
So they arenít short medics? Why recruit medics then? Your comments makes no sense.
Old 12-20-2018, 00:48
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairB View Post
So they aren’t short medics? Why recruit medics then? Your comments makes no sense.
NairB- We just removed the nonsense posts, please ignore the previous comments.
- OUR DISCLAIMER- The views and opinions posted on this website are solely those of the original authors, news source or registered members. These views and opinions do not represent those of Californiafirefighter.com (CAFF.com), Admin, their advertisers or any associated companies or vendors.
- OUR EMAIL- californiafirefighter@hotmail.com