Go Back   CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTER.com- The California Fire Service Network > SECONDARY SECTION > IN MEMORY OF CALIFORNIA'S FALLEN

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 12:13

Default Rob Van Wormer- CAL FIRE SCU

http://www.fire.ca.gov/fire_protecti...Van_Wormer.php

Quote:
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Santa Clara Unit Battalion Chief Rob Van Wormer. Rob passed away Saturday evening while on assignment in Santa Cruz. Rob lost consciousness and was immediately transported to Dominican Hospital. Despite numerous attempts to revive him, he passed away at approximately 8:00 p.m.

His wife Jennifer and their two sons were brought to Santa Cruz and have been joined by his parents and his sister. As many of you know, Rob's brother, Kirk, is a Battalion Chief for CAL FIRE in the Sonoma Lake-Napa Unit.

This is a huge loss for Rob's family, his many friends, his CAL FIRE family and the fire service as a whole. Please join me in keeping the Van Wormer family in your thoughts during this very difficult time.

We will share information concerning the memorial service as it becomes available.

I am directing all CAL FIRE facilities to immediately lower flags to half staff and all uniform personnel to shroud badges until the conclusion of Chief Van Wormer's memorial services.

Chief Ken Pimlott