Go Back   CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTER.com- The California Fire Service Network > PRIMARY SECTION > 48/96 WORK SCHEDULE

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 19:14

Question Trial Language

Good Evening,

I'm looking for language used by departments for their trial period. We are entering negotiations and were getting our ducks in a row for the new schedule. Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if you can send a copy of the trial language used by your association.

Will Linne
VP
L3501 Vacaville CA
Old 08-07-2010, 19:24

Default Re: Trial Language

Will

Call the IAFF or CPF for help, they can get you some information that you can use and examples.

Stay safe and stay union
Old 08-07-2010, 19:28
Bou

Will- Please contact Local 55's Executive people for Alameda County Fire. They went 48/96 just over a year ago and are in your local area. I will PM (Private Message) you a name and contact info on this site.

Please write me back if you need more information....Bou
Old 08-12-2010, 21:57

Will,

Unfortunately, timing may not permit........but try and convince the local not to include this action into negotiations. The L3501 opposition(opposing negotiators) may try and use it as a bargaining tool. 48/96 is a "NO-Cost item" which benefits the city and the association. Many Locals have had to forfeit various forms of wage or benefit to obtain this No-Cost transition. And I'm not sure of too many "General memberships" wanting to give up money/pension/healthcare for the schedule, especially in this economic climate/politics.........any questions pm me..

Cory Cisneros
Old 11-17-2013, 21:12
jacky374

Dear Call the IAFF or CPF for help, they can get you some information that you can use and examples the city and the association..