Go Back   CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTER.com- The California Fire Service Network > SECONDARY SECTION > THE KITCHEN

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 11:52

Default Re: Can you cook?

That cake just sounds sinful....Bravo lol
Old 10-30-2017, 12:49

Simple dinner that was a big hit this shift: baked potatoes and bbq chicken with green salad. If you can nail that one down and keep it in your back pocket, you’re in good shape. Bake the potato for 60-min at 350, grill chicken for 30 min on cooler side of grill.
Old 10-30-2017, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksdad View Post
Simple dinner that was a big hit this shift: baked potatoes and bbq chicken with green salad. If you can nail that one down and keep it in your back pocket, you’re in good shape. Bake the potato for 60-min at 350, grill chicken for 30 min on cooler side of grill.

You can't go wrong with that combo! Though, I'm terrible at cooking meats on the grill. They're always either dry and overcooked or undercooked. I guess I'm not good at temperature control with those things.

Here's another one of my latest cookery adventures:

Bacon-Wrapped Figs Stuffed with Chevre in a Balsamic-Honey Reduction and served with arugula and toasted walnuts.

BBQ Chicken pizza (left) and Fig and chevre pizza with toasted walnut and caramelized red onions (right).

The Black Mission Figs were given to me by a coworker who has a tree in his backyard. Since I made the stuffed figs and pizzas at home, I wasn't able to share the results with my coworker. So, as a "thank you" for sharing his harvest with me, I made him a plate of homemade fig bars with a streusel topping (below).