Go Back   CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTER.com- The California Fire Service Network > SECONDARY SECTION > FIREFIGHTER PTSD, JOB STRESS and MENTAL HEALTH

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 11:57

Default Re: Process of Appeals for Medical/Psych Eval

My brother failed a poly suggesting he made explosives haha not the case got a second opinion and got it overturned. He is happily employed with the agency.
Old 11-11-2017, 22:15

Psychs are a whole different animal then other testing. Different departments ask for different things in their psych profiles. You may pass a psych in one department and fail one in another department. It is always your prerogative to appeal. Do they tell you what specifically you did not pass on? Otherwise it may be tough to appeal it all the way through.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyFire View Post
Psychs are a whole different animal then other testing. Different departments ask for different things in their psych profiles. You may pass a psych in one department and fail one in another department. It is always your prerogative to appeal. Do they tell you what specifically you did not pass on? Otherwise it may be tough to appeal it all the way through.
Yes, my psychologist told me it was due to combination of using ambient, weight loss surgery (2012), and in the past having sleep apnea. I no longer use sleeping pills, weight loss surgery has no effects thatíll hinder me from duty physically or mentally, and sleep apnea was reversed after my weight loss surgery (which I offered to do a sleep test and prove).